We are glad you are considering becoming a group leader!
Groups are a place where we can strengthen our faith, help each other through life, and make a real impact in our communities. Groups create an environment for you to connect in a meaningful way with others while learning to know God better.
TPCC believes people grow best in community, not isolation. It is the hope of leadership that everyone at TPCC would be in an intentional discipleship environment that moves him or her forward in his or her relationship with Jesus. We believe this happens in groups.
Our leaders play an important role in helping us achieve our mission to remove barriers that keep people from Jesus.
Since leaders play such an important role, we want you to understand their role and expectations, while considering this step. After reviewing the information below, if you are interested in pursuing group leadership, please follow the instructions to complete the Group Leader Application. Once your application is received, you will be contacted for an interview. If you have questions regarding any of the information, please email us at .
Role of a Group Leader
Group leaders are responsible for providing leadership and support to 6-14 individuals. A leader’s responsibility is to create an intentional discipleship environment where the mission of TPCC is clearly lived out and articulated to members of the group. Leaders also understand and embody the four foundational values and essentials of a healthy life group: disciple, care, serve, and multiply.
The markers that signify you are “all in” here at TPCC. We define that in the following ways:
- Possess a desire to grow in your relationship with Jesus and love people with his love
- Be an example of a biblically mature Christian in lifestyle, character, and beliefs (beliefs align with TPCC beliefs and values)
- Baptized through immersion
- Nurture a consistent devotional life in prayer and spending time in God’s Word
- Faithfully attend a TPCC weekly service
- Seek to balance ministry with the responsibilities of family, life, and vocation
- Contribute both financially and with your time and talents through service
- Prepare, organize, and lead (promote participation) a group of people meeting 2-4 times each month following recommended structure of group meeting.
- Commit to attending coaching training huddles and regular health checks with your coach.
- Commit to nurture and live out Healthy Group Essentials and embrace the values as a measure of group growth and success.