Both globally and nationally, children need forever homes. Opportunities abound to bring a child into your family.
Domestic adoptions typically involve infants, but adopting older children through the foster care system is another option.
Private agencies or adoption attorneys facilitate most domestic adoptions. Usually, a domestic adoption is birth-parent driven, meaning the birth parents select the adoptive family.
Approximately 15 million children worldwide await placement in a forever family. Many of these children have been abandoned by birth parents or orphaned. These children, ranging in age from infants to teens, reside in foster homes or orphanages.
Each country has a different set of eligibility requirements for the potential adoptive parents. International adoption agencies can help facilitate these adoptions.
A considerable number of international adoptions involve special needs children. The term “special needs” may intimidate potential parents. However, many special needs children would not be placed within that category in the United States.
TPCC grants may help with costs associated with international and domestic adoptions.
TPCC offer matching grants to our adoptive families to help cover adoption expenses.
Grant applications can be submitted after the home study is complete. Email Laura Mobley at for more information and to get started on the application process.
Adoption Grants FAQ
Who is eligible for the adoption grant?
- Any single person or couple who have attended TPCC for one year or longer and are actively engaged at church
- Can be used to fund a domestic or international adoption
- Application can be submitted as soon as home study is complete
How does it work?
- A complete application is submitted to Lifesong for Orphans, who evaluate the applications against the criteria determined by the Foster & Adoption Ministry (FAM).
- At some point during the process, the applicant/s will meet with a member of the FAM. This is not an interview, just a way to get to know our adoptive families and find out how we can serve them.
- Once the application is reviewed by Lifesong and a decision is made, Lifesong will forward their decision to FAM for final acceptance.
What do I receive?
- We are currently awarding matching grants up to $2000. This means that you will receive a grant dollar per dollar on what you raise through Lifesong.
- Once your application is accepted, Lifesong will create a donor website that will let others make tax deductible donations to your adoption fund.
- Lifesong will also provide other fundraising information for you to complete your financial requirements of adoption.